Family Planning offers quality, confidential health care. Medical services are provided by nurse practitioners trained in family planning health care. Educational programs offered respond to local community needs.
Costs for service at NICAO's family planning clinics are based on ability to pay, and are often less than at other health centers. Services are free for people enrolled in Medicaid and those whose income is below 100% of the federal poverty level. There is no income limit for those choosing to access family planning services and insurance is accepted.
Family Planning is funded through Title X of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Health Education Provided:
- How to correctly use a condom
- Preventing STDs and HIV
- Talking with Partners or Parents about Sex
- Planning for a health pregnancy
- Making a Reproductive Life Plan
- Performing self breast or testicular exams
- Pre-menopausal transitions
- Making responsible sexual decisions
- Provides education regarding reproductive health for schools, and community organizations
Methods of Contraceptives Offered:
- Oral Birth Control Pills
- Nuva Rings
- Birth Control Patches
- Nexplanon Implants
- Birth Control Shots (Depo)
Family Planning Resources
Offices other than Mason City are not staffed full time. Please call (800) 657-5856 for an appointment.
421 N. Main
Cerro Gordo County
100 1st St. NW, Suite 200
Mason City, IA 50401
Office hours M: 7:30-4:30, T-F: 7:30-4:30
Charles City, IA
114 1st Ave. NW
325 W. 8th St.
Garner, IA 50438
226 N. Putnam
833 Ash St.,
135 School St.
Forest City, IA
423 W. Walnut